Canberra is a fantastic place to visit! There truly is something for everyone, whether it be a trip with family, friends or that special someone. We’ve put together 5 incredible ideas to add to your to-do list next trip to Canberra to make your visit extra special.
1. Sample the region’s freshest produce at the Capital Region Farmer’s Markets, open every Saturday from 7:30am at the Exhibition Park in Canberra. With over 200 stallholders you’re sure to find many delicious options for everyone. Pick up a coffee and a baked treat while you browse the many stalls.
2. Is there anything better than a lazy brunch on the weekend? Now there is! Enjoy a delightful brunch at the National Arboretum in Canberra. The Arboretum is one of the world’s largest living collections of rare, endangered and significant trees, and provides visitors with award winning panoramic views.
3. Feast your eyes at the National Gallery of Australia. There is a fantastic permanent collection, and there are always new and exciting exhibitions showing. The James Turrell exhibition is on until June 8, and is a must see! Open daily from 10am to 5pm, and situated on Lake Burley Griffin, a visit to the NGA makes for the perfect day out. Be sure to check out the sculpture garden while you’re there!
4. Head to Lake Burley Griffin just before sunset, and go for a walk! Not only will you get some fresh air and exercise, the views around the lake at sunset are amazing, and definitely instagram worthy.
5. Check out China town in Dickson for a delightful dinner out. There are many great options but our pick is KimChi at19 Woolley Street in Dickson, and be sure to try the veggie pancake.